Welcome

“There’s this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That’s completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved.” ~ Boy George

Friday 18 July 2014

Wentworth Miller Thinks Audiences Knew He Was Gay Even Before He Came Out Publicly


"I feel more fully expressed. After Prison Break, I came to grips with the fact that my public persona was in misalignment with how I actually felt. I was out to a handful of people in my twenties, and once I hit 30, I was out to family and friends. But professionally, I was feeding a fantasy. I created this air of ‘We don’t address that thing.’… My face was on billboards, and I thought it was my job to act a certain way. But I think audiences knew to a certain degree.”
 

– Actor-screenwriter Wentworth Miller, who came out publicly last summer when he refused to attend a film festival in antigay Russia, asked if being closeted was a burden in an interview with Details magazine 

Source Queerty

No comments:

Post a Comment